Monday, February 7, 2011

Only using half of the spa this morning

Sometimes when you are in a real big hurry, just flip the cover open and use 1/2 of your hot tub.








Yesterday, 2-6-2011
Chlorine level was 0 when I tested the hot tub water, after I got out yesterday.

2nd pad from the left should be purple.
However there was no color change, chlorine = 0!

Noticed more than normal foaming on top the water. That prompted me to take a chlorine test reading. With no residual chlorine level (0 ppm) bacteria can grow, oils and other comtaminants can build up in the water ....and cause excessive foaming. The best way to permanently remove the foaming is to add (generally) a double or triple shock treatment of chlorine to your hot tub water.

Added 1/4 cup Enhanced Spa Shock after Mark and I used hot tub.







If I have a chlorine reading in the morning then I added enough. If I still have a 0 reading then I didn't add enough and will need to add another shock treatment, maybe even a larger treatment. 

Today, 2-7-2011
Today's chlorine level before using the hot tub - 3ppm. No foaming, water looks clear, smells good.
Testing is easy and quick to do at home with test strips. However, for a complete water analysis, bring us a sample at PoolCo in Carbondale, IL. We'll test your water for free. http://www.poolco.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment